Monday, June 25, 2012

Breakfast Banana Oatmeal Muffins

I love having muffins for breakfast but many of the recipes call for a bunch of ingredients or have a ton of sugar in them. I love this recipe because I can reduce the sugar used in it a little if I like. Everything is mixed in the blender which also makes it easy to pour into the cups.

You should note that some people have a hard time digesting the oats when you are gluten sensitive. I have never had a problem with the old fashioned or steel cut but I avoid the processed instant oats. If oats bother you, steer clear of this recipe :)


2 1/2 cups oats
1       single serving cup of plain greek yogurt
2       eggs
3/4    cup  sweetener (honey, sugar, 2 Tbsp stevia)
1 1/2 tsp   baking powder
1/2    tsp   baking soda
2               bananas

Preheat your oven to 400F. Spray a muffin pan or grease it. Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender and puree until smooth. Divide the batter evenly among the pans and bake for 20-25 minutes.

There it is! It is actually THAT easy :) Allow them to cool a little and eat them up.




Gluten Free Me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment