Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Italian Salad Dressing


It always amazes me how many things wheat and gluten can find its way into. Salad dressing tends to be loaded with gluten to give it a thicker texture.
For a while I had basic oil and vinegar but it got very boring very quickly. I don't know why I waited so long to look up dressing recipes because there is actually an impressive selection of recipes that are gluten free. Here is one of my new default dressings that is also the base for Poppy-Seed Dressing that I will upload soon.

1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tsp sea salt
2 cloves fresh garlic
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried basil
3/4 cup olive oil

Mince the garlic first. Then add the rest of the ingredients to a jar or bowl and mix it up until it emulsifies. I like to make it in a jar so that I can pop a top on and save the leftover dressing.


Garlic - this ingredient stimulates the liver and colon, helping the body to detoxify. In order to get the benefits from garlic, it must be eaten raw. It is also an anti-fungal which helps to kill off the candida and helps to increase the good bacteria.



No comments:

Post a Comment