Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Avocado Salad Dressing



So, now that I am on the hunt for salad dressing, I have come across a few more.

I absolutely love the taste of avocado and use it whenever possible. I would grow it if I could but I do not think my climate lends to good growing conditions. (Although I am going to look that up now :) )

Avocado is an amazing healing food and should be incorporated into your diet at least a couple times per week. When it is in season and at a good price, I eat as many as I can!




1 avocado, pitted and peeled
2 green onions, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped or squished
1/2 tsp sea salt
1 lemon, juices
1/2 cup olive oil
pepper to taste

Put all but the olive oil in a food processor until smooth. Then add the olive oil while the processor is still running on low.
If you need to thin it out, add a little water. Pour over a salad of fresh greens and enjoy!

Garlic - This ingredient is a fantastic candida fighter but only when consumed raw. Not only does it help to kill off candida in your system, it helps to balance the natural flora of your digestive system. Dressings are a perfect way to get raw garlic into your system.

Green Onions - These have anti-fungal properties and help to kill off candida in your system. Green onions from the store that come with roots attached |(most do) can be used and regrown in your windowsill or garden. I have a post about this which you can see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment