Monday, April 16, 2012

Gluten Free Stuffed Red Potatoes

This is a great appetizer or side dish to a meal that I found on Glutenfreeda.com last week. I love baby red potatoes so I was disappointed when I realized I only ever stuff the larger baking potatoes.

12 small red potatoes
1 head roasted garlic
handful of herbs - basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano
olive oil


To roast the garlic, cut off the top, rub in olive oil and some salt and pepper, wrap in tin foil and bake for about 35 minutes at 350F. I like to do a few at a time and jar the extra garlic.

Squeeze the garlic out into a bowl with the herbs. Use any or all of the herbs! Mash them together with the olive oil to make a paste.

Cut the potatoes in half and skim a little off the bottom so they stand up without tipping over. Use a spoon or melon baller to remove some of the potato to make room for the filling. Put them all on a baking sheet and fill them with the herb and garlic mixture.

Bake at 350F for 35 minutes or until the potato is soft all the way through. Serve hot or at room temperature. Enjoy!




Gluten Free Me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment