Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Ham with Pecan Glaze

One nice thing about not being able to have gluten is that you can have all the meat and vegetables that you can handle! I love ham when I allow myself the treat of having it. This is a delicious recipe that reminds me of dinner with my parents. I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I do!


1/2 cup brown sugar
4 Tbsp honey
6 Tbsp unsalted butter
1/2 cup chopped pecans

4.5 lb cooked ham

Combine everything but the ham in a saucepan and cook together until the butter is melted.

Preheat oven to 275F. Place the ham in the center of the oven and bake for 10-15 minutes per pound or until the internal temperature is 140F.

About a half hour before the ham is done (for me about 115F) baste the ham with the pecan glaze. Continue to baste every 5 minutes until the ham is cooked.




Gluten Free Me on Facebook

No comments:

Post a Comment